Citizens Report Card Study….
Title: Citizens’ Report Card Study on Primary Education 2016
• Collect feedback from the community on services provided by the Government in primary education;
• Draw a picture about the quality and accessibility of services;
• Assess community level satisfaction on government facilities in the education sector (like admission fees, stipend, mid-day meal etc.);
• Collect suggestions of community for improvement of services;
• Carry out advocacy with Government for improvement in service delivery to achieve quality education for all.
Scope of Work:
• Review all relevant documentation on government primary education in Bangladesh, national education policy, sector specific budget allocation and other relevant documents.
• Designate the research team with a team leader with required expertise.
• Conduct the research
– develop the sampling frame and detailed methodology;
– mobilize the field team by recruiting experienced enumerators and providing necessary training;
– manage data collection process by utilizing Survey, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), Key Informant Interviews (KIIs);
– data entry;
– analyze data by using SPSS/STATA software;
– organize at least 8 (eight) divisional level validation workshops;
– develop a comparison between the findings of CEWGs area and non CEWGs area;
– develop a comparative analysis with the previous study findings;
– share the draft report with CAMPE and finalize the report by incorporating feedback;
– receive the general guidance, advice and feedback provided by the national Advisory/Technical Team of the study;
• Present the findings of the study in a national level seminar to be organized by CAMPE and incorporate the feedbacks.
• Prepare a consolidated report in English. In addition an overview/executive summary will be both in English and Bangla.
• Prepare upazila wise reports in English/Bangla.
• Support publication of a booklet both in Bangla & English.
Mixed Method Approach (Quantitative and Qualitative).
Bhola, Meherpur, Khulna, Netrokona, Jamalpur, Sirajganj, Gaibandha, Hobiganj, Pirojpur, Narail, Kishoregonj, Narshingdi, Faridpur, Joypurhat, Chapainawabgonj, Thakurgoan, Sunamgonj, Cox’s Bazar, Rangamati and Comilla district, Bangladesh.
1. Campaign for Popular Education (CAMPE)- www.campebd.org
2. UK Aid- www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-international-development